Sunday, August 14, 2011

Prednisolone tablets 50mg during pregnancy? Suddenly stopped taking them.. help?

Hello.. I am currently 28 weeks pregnant with my third child i take 7.5 mg of prednisolone a day. I also took prednisolone throughout my whole pregnancy with my second child as i have a immunodeiciency disorder and she turned out perfectly healthy in every way so far! My doctor told me it is very important to not stop taking prednisolone suddenly as your body needs to be weened from it i would get to doctor or chemist as soon as you can so you can go get some more. That is an extremely high dose to be taking during pregnancy but as long as your doctor was aware you were pregnant when he put you on it you should be fine and if its only for a short time. Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment