Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rascism in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

I'm a fan of the show Fresh Prince, with Will Smith. I'll cut the crap, I'm sure you know of it if you clicked on this. I'm a very frequent 'Nick at Nite' viewee. Fresh Prince is always one of my favorites, but lately, it's been making me mad. The show, especially in the earlier seasons, is right on the fence of blatantly moking white people. Now, don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm mad because I'm 'white and proud' or anything. But seriously, (mainly in the earlier seasons) anytime you saw a white person in the show, they're the crazy girl, the dit-witted prep guy, the stupid teacher, the crazy atourney/golfer, the boring and very annoying, britsh guy, and please don't ask me to go on anymore because I could...easily. I do realize the main family in the show is black and all, but c'mon. That's a small example of how rascism today is. I don't get the sense. I don't beleive that Martin Luther King Jr. and all others from history pasts, paved the way just so that rascism could continue

No comments:

Post a Comment