Saturday, August 13, 2011

I am about to have an anxiety attack and I don't know what to do..?

Our brains and chemical distribution can change as we age, suddenly kicking over into a stage we are not used to. I can tell you that I myself like to follow more holistic approaches to regulate mood, but if you feel your efforts aren't enough it may be time to seek professional help. I would highly suggest cognitive behavioral therapy and researching how anxiety works. Anxiety is triggered more so by thoughts rather than an initial physical response. I do know it can be crippling and hard to get control of, so given what you have tried you may need some outside help. Just remember that you are in control either way, so try doing stuff to distract you and make you feel better. Drink a lot of water and try to think of positive things like good or kittens playing with yarn or something. In any case, do your research online about cognitive behavioral therapy because it has been shown to help with very complex psychological and emotional problems. I have anxiety attacks that make me feel like my throat is closing, but I try to calm down, exercise, and realize that it's the fact that I'm freaking myself out and I'm actually okay in reality. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment